Wow! It's been a while since I posted. I just finished up a semester of school so now I'm back to the blog..... Here in Utah they just opened the new Front Runner train that runs from Ogden to Salt Lake. They had "free to the public" days this week so we decided to venture out and see what it was like. We knew it would be crowded on a monday night (family night), but we didn't think it would be standing room only the whole way down! We left the Roy station and traveled up to Ogden where we were able to snag a seat. We rode down to SLC and had dinner at the Gateway. The kids played at the Children's Museum and we left there at 9 p.m. When we got to the station to go back home, it looked like opening day at Disneyland! Looking at the crowd we were hoping to get lucky at be home before midnight. We arrived home at about 11:15 p.m. and collapsed in our beds. It was an adventure to say the least!
Here comes the train!!
We got to ride on the second deck
The Children's Museum at the Gateway
3 comments:
How totally fun! judging from the pictures the kids had a blast! We want to get together with you guys, sometime, now that we will be closer to utah!!!!! I think we will be 7 hours from SLC. I am not sure i have to map out! Miss you all
Aragons
Wow, it looks like you had a lot of fun! We haven't had a chance to take Madi and Jackson, but that's a great idea!! We will have to try it! Have a great day.
When will Tucson get a train to Phoenix!!!! I guess when we get a temple....and that looks a long way off since Gillbert got one! Now I am just sounding bitter :) The family adventure sounds great !
Post a Comment