Friday, February 25, 2011

February 12th
























The first day of our trip we went out to snorkel with dolphins. We did get to swim with thwm and see them under water but for only a few minutes and then they were gone. We also saw whales. Intersting fact: When the whales are in Hawaii the moms are strictly there to breed and have babies. They do not feed at all. When they have a baby, the baby will eat 40 gallons of moms milk a day. The milk is so thick that if you put it in a glass and turned it upside down it would not come out........think Dairy Queen Blizzards :). We also hiked up Diamond Head Crater for some awesome views and then drove around the island. Here are some pics of the day:

5 comments:

Jack & Ashley Waters said...

We are so JEALOUS!!!!!! That looks like such a fun trip!

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

I am jealous too. Looks like a great vacation.

Chris and Aubrey said...

Yeah! I found you. Those pics are awesome. I am so glad you got to go with everything that was going on.

Heather B said...

What a fun time for you to have together, and the pictures are gorgeous! All that sunshine is just what I needed today--it's been pretty dang dreary here lately. So glad you got to have that time, and in such a lovely place!

Kristin said...

how fun...and beautiful...glad you had a good time :)